Sunday, December 21, 2008

Zoo Lights

A few days ago we went to the Omaha zoo after their regular closing time for something extra they do. They have Christmas zoo lights all over, it was actually much more extensive than expected. Many of the lights here and there were in the shape of their zoo animals. It was cold, but at least not windy, so we enjoyed ourselves.





A couple of the exhibits were left open, so it was different to see them without the usual crowds, and many of the areas were dark with the animals sleeping. This is the penguin viewing area.



I thought I'd also add pictures from Hayden's Christmas program at his school. They sang about a dozen different songs, some of them unique enough that I haven't heard them before. It's fun to see how animated some of the kids can get, they're all so excited for Christmas!


There's Hayden in the center, just before their first song. For once, we could actually see his mouth moving!

7 comments:

Amber M. said...

I've been thinking about you all weekend...how did the flight go?

Missing you!

Jenn said...

The flight actually went pretty good. The kids did an amazing job. It is such a relief to have over and we now look forward to Christmas. Merry Christmas everyone!!!

Albanie said...

I bet that Christmas program was so fun to watch! I'll have to remmeber the zoo lights next time we're in NE!

Kathleen said...

great outdoor pictures! that's great that you all braved the winter to go. i'm glad that your flight went so well too! have a great time--merry christmas!

ME said...

Looks like you guys have had some fun outings. Hope you had a good Christmas!

ME said...

Looks like you guys have had some fun outings. Hope you had a good Christmas!

Marie said...

How fun!! Something is wacky with my subscription to people's blogs and I missed your last few posts. Tanner looks like you, huh? Do you guys think so?