Friday, January 2, 2009

Holiday Overview

What a wonderful Christmas we had! It began on the 20th but because of stinky, awful, men at Dave's work, I had to do the flight alone with the kids. I was extremely stressed and as always make myself sick, but the kids did great.

Dave followed a few days later and we enjoyed spending time with family. On Christmas Eve my family has a new tradition we started last year. In the morning my sisters, mom and I go see a movie (we saw Australia this year) and then in the afternoon the men see one. That night we were with Dave's family and enjoyed yummy soups and the traditional nativity scene played out by all the young kids (Hayden and Tanner were shepherds). Before going to bed the kids got new pajamas from my mom and dad and I also got some from Dave. We enjoyed opening gifts in the morning and then eating the traditional Christmas breakfast that is so scrumptious, egg/sausage cassarole and pull-aparts. Our next stop is to Dave's family for gift opening and lunch and then finally our last stop is at my grandparents house for yet even more scrumptious food.

Other things we did through the week were seeing the lights at Temple Square, sledding followed by stew, shopping with my mom, playing on the new Wii (Tanner rocks at bowling - he beat us all with a score of 225!), the boys attending a 3D show with Dave and his family, and finally one of my favorite things to do, attend the Nutcracker with my sisters and mom (which we have been doing annually for as long as I can remember).

After another stressful flight (this one not as good) we made it home and have enjoyed some very relaxing days. Our boys still ask when we can get back to Utah to see everyone (especially their cousin Logan). Thanks family for all the fun! We sure enjoyed our visit!


Making sugar cookies with Grandma and Uncle Brett


Tanner and Hayden checking out their stockings

Maren had a horrible stomach flu for four days starting on Christmas Eve (she pretty much cuddled and slept on someone for that time)

Christmas morning with my family

In new Sunday clothes from Grandma and Grandpa

10 comments:

Lacey said...

It looks like you guys had a blast! I figured your holiday would be pretty jammed packed so I decided not to call and see how things went. The girls are dying to play with Hayden again. That might be the only thing that gets them to leave my parents and go home! :0)

Cara said...

What a lot of fun traditions you have! Makes me wish we could have had Christmas in Utah with my family too! :) Sorry about the stomach flu. We had it at our house over Christmas vacation too. Lame.

Tonia said...

oh Jenn what a fabulous time it looks like you had! I am so glad you got to go home for the holidays! We love and miss Utah...oh our roots are red through and through...schon graduated from the university of utah and what a game they played on friday night! Go UTES!

Amber M. said...

It looks like such a fun holiday...but I'm so glad you're home!

Kathleen said...

i'm glad your trip went well...traveling solo with kids too! i missed seeing the "crutnacker" (what my dad used to call the nutcracker) this year--that's great that you got to see it! hurray that you're back!

Albanie said...

Your kids look so cute in their Christmas Sunday best! Glad you guys had so much fun doing all your family traditions! So great!!

Ps NO WAY am I ready for the cold!! :)

Candice and Nathan said...

sounds like you have a great Christmas. Your kids are so cute and getting so big. Too bad your little one was sick.

Camie said...

Jenn,

What a fun time. It looks like Christmas was a hit except for the sickness. What is it that makes it seem like Christmas time often equals sick time. Hope you guys are all well. We miss you guys and scrapping. Save a spot for me.

Rachel said...

I'm glad your flight was better than expected. It looks like you had a wonderful Christmas. I love your traditions. How fun!!

Jill said...

It was so much fun to have you and your family at home for Christmas. We miss you already. Logan still asks if Hayden and Tanner are going to be at grandma's!