

Maren did surprisingly well, even if it only lasted a few moments.
Hayden with the rest of the Primary singing.
Maren doesn't like being held much anymore, she prefers to roam around. I spent a bit of time bringing her back in from the hallways.Today we decided to make our way to the 'Bob Kerry Pedestrian Bridge'. There was a bit of controversy surrounding its creation. It's a nice bridge, which it better be for $22 million taxpayer dollars for a bridge that really doesn't connect anything. Iowa is on the other side, crossing the Missouri River. There also isn't much in the way of parking nearby, so it's no wonder folks are scratching their heads over this. Still, it made for an interesting outdoor getaway, in spite of the cold.
The niftiest thing about the bridge is how it winds back and forth across the river. The design is called a 'cable-stayed bridge'.
The wind causes it to vibrate a bit, which Jenn found rather unnerving.
A view up one of the towers. As well the boys' nostrils.
The kids trying to not get blown away by the gusts.
4 comments:
So where does the bridge go, just across and back? Can you get off on the other side?
Your kids are braver than Halie with Santa.
Payback with Maren. Your dad was forever in the halls with you the moment you could walk. And see how happy she is about it?
I wanted to see that before we left! Looks like it was a chilly day! Maren sat on Santa's lap? That is amazing, usually at that age they are kicking and screaming!
Santa came to the Riverton City Hall on December 1. We waited an hour and a half in line so the kids could sit on his lap. Crazy! Before we left the building that night, Logan asked if we could go back and tell Santa good-bye. There was no way we were waiting in line again so we told him "No." He began to cry and said, "But if we don't say good-bye, Santa will miss me." I'm glad you're visit with Santa wasn't filled with so much drama!
I thougth Alaska was the only state with a bridge to nowhere. I guess I'll have to go check it out. Your pictures of Santa and the kids turned out cute.
Post a Comment