My parents were able to spend a few days with us last week. We LOVE when they can come out to see us. Some of the fun things we did include going to the Children's Museum, the Mall, the zoo, and eating out a couple of times. One night they tended the kids for us, so we could have a date and do some Christmas shopping minus kids. My mom and I also were able to have some 'girl' time and went and got pedicures (my very first one - and boy did I love it!) Thanksgiving day, of course, was the highlight of their visit. It had been over 5 years since we last saw them on Thanksgiving. I enjoyed having my mom's cooking help and expertise in making our feast. That night we enjoyed playing games with some friends (thanks for playing Pounce!! - my favorite) It's always difficult for us (especially the kiddos) to say goodbye but it helps to know we will see them again in 3 weeks!
Pictures at the zoo.

4 comments:
So glad your parents were able to come, how fun. We love visits from Grandparents around here too.
Grandparents are the best - especially pedicures with your mother! That has to be the icing on the cake!
It was strange not seeing mom and dad on Thanksgiving, but I am so glad they were able to visit you. After 5 years on your own for Thanksgiving, you deserved some company. We are counting down to the 20th.
I love all those places too! So glad you could get your first pedicure!! Aren't they great?
Post a Comment