Monday, March 2, 2009

Recipe to Share

While my sister was visiting, she suggested I try a recipe that is found in our family's new cookbook. I'm so glad that we did. It was super easy and yummy! Just thought I would share.

Easy Asian Beef and Noodles

1 (8 oz.) rib-eye steak
1 tsp. dark sesame oil, divided (we just used regular veg oil)
1 c. (1 inch) sliced green onions
2 c. packaged cabbage and carrot coleslaw
2 (2.8 oz) packages beef-flavored ramen noodle soup
1 1/2 c. water
1 T. soy sauce

Trim fat from steak and cut diagonally across grain into thin slices. Heat 1/2 tsp. oil in a skillet over medium-high heat. Add steak and green onions; stir fry 1 minutes. Remove steak mixture from skillet: keep warm. Heat remaining oil in skillet and add slaw; stir fry for 30 seconds. Remove and keep warm.

Remove noodles from packages; reserve 1 seasoning packet for another use. Add water and remaining seasoning packet to skillet; bring to a boil. Break noodles in half; add noodles to water mixture. Cook noodles 2 minutes or until most of liquid is absorbed, stirring frequently. Stir in steak mixture, slaw, and soy sauce; cook until thoroughly heated.

3 comments:

Candice and Nathan said...

This sounds so good. I love your recipes. I look forward to the next one!

Kathleen said...

sounds yummy--it reminds me of the japanese dish, yaki-soba, that my brother makes. cubby may like this one though b/c it has steak--go beef, right?

Amber M. said...

This sounds really, really good!!

I'm looking forward to tomorrow night...