Monday, March 16, 2009

Done

Dave here, just signing in to proclaim, with a big sigh of relief, that I am finished with my aircraft commander training (that nice sense of accomplishment feels pretty good, too). This has been one of the most challenging endeavors of my life, which as a by-product means it has also been challenging for Jenn and the kids. I can't thank them enough for the support and love they have provided me, as well as my extended family, friends and church leaders who have kept me in their prayers. Thank you.

The Air Force has in essence given me the 'keys' to the jet and they are wasting no time in putting me to work. I am to deploy right on back to the mid-East the second week of April. Unfortunately, this also means I have a great deal of training specific to the mission and deployment that I have to take care of, so I won't be able to take any leave until at least July. So, to all of you that I would have been seeing soon... it's gonna be a little later!

9 comments:

Cade said...

Way to go Dave! Do the keys to the plane have the computer chip inside so if you lock the keys inside OnStar can open the door for you? We hope to see more of you in July.

Marie said...

Sorry you've got to go again so soon, but way to go on becoming an AC!!!

Jill said...

Congratulations Dave! We are thrilled for you. This was definitely blog-worthy material!

Von and Viv said...

See? We knew you could do it! The force has definitely been with you. Sure would be fun to be a "fly on the wall" on one of your flights, to see you in action!

Anonymous said...

Dave,
We are so happy for you!!! You will make a great aircraft commander.

Amber M. said...

Way to go, Dave!! Josh always spots the planes in the air and we are always thinking that it might be you!!

Lacey said...

Hurray! Now, if Jason can just get done soon... Sorry that you have to leave so soon.

denos5 said...

Congrats to you all for making it through.

Jen Hallam said...

So proud of you cuz!