Monday, October 27, 2008

Time Out

I had a much anticipated break this weekend while I attended Deseret Book's Time Out for Women. I have been wanting to attend one of these events since I first heard about them a couple of years ago. This year everything worked out (no nursing babies and Dave home to tend the kids). Friday night we heard from Ardeth Kapp, Kenneth Cope, and Jenny Oaks Baker (who was just amazing on the violin). Saturday included more of Kenneth Cope, Cherie Call (another singer), Mary Ellen Edmunds (who is a seriously funny lady), and others who talked about forgiving ourselves, liking who we see in the mirror, and finding joy in our relationships. It was great fun to get away from the kids and enjoy time with some great ladies.

5 comments:

Cara said...

AMEN!!!!

Shauna said...

That sounds so much fun! Glad you got to enjoy yourself. One of these years I would love to spend a week at Education Week at BYU. I love that stuff!

Candice and Nathan said...

I too have always wanted to go to a time out. I'm glad you got to go, it sounds like so much fun.

Rachel said...

I'm so glad you were able to go. You definietly deserve a time out.

Amy said...

So jealous! One year Jill, Mom, you and myself need to go together. I'm glad you were able to go and have a great time.