Saturday, May 24, 2008
Hayden Rides!
This is Dave here, taking a stab at the blog. Jenn and I were excited to see Hayden ride his bike all by himself today. I started helping him a couple years ago in Del Rio, but then winter weather, living in an apartment, and deployments put practices on hold until this month. He just recently got the hang of riding a scooter so it seemed a good time to have another go at the bike. After a quick warmup I told him to treat riding his bike like he did his scooter, and when I let go away he went, balancing and pedaling by himself. I was stunned, I didn't expect him to pick it up so rapidly. I know, things like this seem like no big deal, but when it's your own kid, it's very exciting.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
8 comments:
wow!! he's really cruising! great turn too! tell hayden congratulations and that now he can tell everyone, "it's just like riding a bike!"
Way to go, Hayden! Maybe you can teach Sam to ride HIS bike...
Wow Hayden that is such an accomplishment! It took me forever to learn to ride my bike!
Great job you look like a pro!
I think its a huge moment...I can't wait until David gets to teach our kids how to ride a bike. I am glad that job is sorta left up to the dads.
look at him go!! Wow! What a great accomplishment!
We loved the video. Way to go Hayden! My favorite part is the sound of the wind in the background! Does it ever stop blowing there?
WOW!! Peter wants to teach Emma but I'm too scared she'll hurt herself. She broke her arm, remember, falling out of the van (not that far!) and I broke mine the exact same way when I was younger, but falling off of a tiny little bike with training wheels. She's not exactly THAT coordinated, and the last thing I need is for her to break her arm. Maybe when she's 18....then maybe she can date and stuff too ;)
Good job Hayden!! I think Dylan was 8 before he finally learned. It's so exciting being so free and having your own wheels! Keep up the good work!
Post a Comment