Friday, December 2, 2011

Second Stop...Barbados

After St. Thomas we had a day at sea.  I wasn't exactly sure how we were going to fill the day, but it was incredibly relaxing.  We made sure we got some deck chairs early on, and boy were we glad we did.  They got filled pretty fast.  We sunned ourselves while reading our books, swam, went down the slide, watched an ice sculpture demonstration and most entertaining was watching our friend Jason compete in the hairy chest contest (he placed 2nd).  This night was our first elegant night, so we got to get all dressed up.

Isn't there something exotic about the name Barbados?  It just sounds cool, so I was excited we were going there.  We didn't have any excursions on this island so we debated what to do.  We ended up hiring a taxi to take us on a tour of the island.  Our taxi drive, tricky Adrian, was very fun.  He took us to a beach that was pure paradise!  I could have spent half the day there.  Next we went to the oldest church on the island, followed by drives through some pretty ritzy golf courses/properties.  (Apparently, Barbados bought Rhianna a 4 million dollar home on one of these properties)  We next went to a lookout point where we could see the Atlantic ocean and have slushies at the same time.  Our tour concluded by making our way back to the ship.   I have to say I was very impressed with Barbados.  It was absolutely gorgeous.



 Dave looks like a secret service agent here, love it!






No comments: