Friday, December 2, 2011

Final stop...St. Maarten

Our final stop (boo hoo) was at St. Maarten.  We got off the ship in the morning to take a bus over to our excursion, located on the French side of the island.  Little did we know that this short trip would take us 90 minutes!  The traffic was crazy!  We finally arrived at Rhino Safari Excursions.  After a safety briefing we got life jackets on, then got on our two-seat little boat.  As a group, we followed our guide out into the harbor, then out to sea to race along the coast.  Dave was a great driver of our boat.  Our destination was Happy Bay.  We tied all of our boat craft together and then jumped into the ocean to snorkel.  We also went up on to the beach, where Janene and I built sand castles.  Jason and Dave, in the meantime, were swimming near the beach.  Next thing I know Dave is yelling out something.  I look over to him and he's holding up his swim trunks!  Yikes...he wanted to skinny dip. Of course, he was far enough away from anyone that they couldn't see anything, but still quite shocking!  Awhile later, we had to get back on our boats and travel back.  We took the bus back over to our ship and had lunch there.  Afterwards, we took a water taxi over to the town, Philipsburg.  We strolled along the shops and found a Star Wars museum.  Of course, with Dave as a husband we had to go in.  We paid the fee and saw some pretty cool stuff in there (well, to Dave anyway).  One last stroll along a beach and then we went back to the ship for our final night aboard. It went way too fast, and yet I was getting excited to see our kids again.  We will always remember this cruise and can't wait to go on another one.  We are so grateful to Dave's parents who were able to come watch our kids.  I didn't worry once about how they were doing, since I knew they were in great hands.  Thanks Von and Vivian!






5 comments:

Von and Viv said...

Looks like it was fun! So glad you were able to go, finally!

Judy said...

I enjoyed seeing your pictures again. Glad that you had such a great time.

Amy said...

What FUN trip you had! Next time we need to plan a family adults only cruise. Love all the pictures!!

Cade said...

What a great vacation. Your post brought back my own memories of stinky helmets and zip lines. I'm so glad you were finally able to cruise!

Jill

Cam said...

Your cruise looks like so much fun! Glad you were able to enjoy a lovely getaway together.