Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Day 2 - Disneyland trip

So on our 2nd day, we left Las Vegas in what felt like a swarm of cars all heading towards California.  Crazy traffic.  Our destination:  the beach.  We drove to a public beach and then headed to the water.  It felt so warm in California compared with our frigid temps we were used to, but not warm enough to put swim suits on.  Instead, we rolled up our pants and put flip-flops on.  I loved seeing the reactions of my kids as they saw the ocean and then waded in a bit.  Unfortunately, Hayden fell face first into the water not used to the weird sensation as the waves rush backwards.  Tanner also had a little tumble and got his bum wet.  I wish we could've spent more time there.  It was beautiful.

 The clan making our way to the water (Maren and I, Jill and Alyssa, Amy and Cameron, Aaron and Addy)

 Maren loved the beach

 Checking out the water

Tanner and Hayden taking their first steps in the ocean

 Addy, Maren and I venturing out

 My boys with their cousin Logan

 Hayden after falling in the water (he was soaked)



 Our family


After the beach we headed to our hotel.  We once again scored with a great hotel owned by Marriott located across the street from the entrance of Disneyland.  I got us settled and unpacked while Dave went to get my Mom and Makenna from the airport.  It was so nice driving without the little munchkin but I sure was happy to see her again.  Dinner that night was Pizza Hut located right in the hotel.  We turned in to get a good nights sleep for our first day at Disneyland!

1 comment:

Amy said...

Wish we were back there enjoying the warmer weather and playing with everyone. Such a fun trip! We will have to go again soon. I guess that means I'm working at Marriott until we go again :)