Sunday, June 28, 2009

Catching Up

After almost 10 weeks of being deployed, we are once again enjoying Dave (Daddy) back home! It is always a sweet moment to see Dave coming down the hall after not seeing him for so long. It makes me teary eyed as I watch the excitement in my kids faces and then the final long-awaited hugs and kisses. Maren was a bit more cautious then the boys, but warmed up to him within a few minutes. Since he came home on a Friday, his squadron was nice and let them all go home and come back on Monday to 'in-process'. We enjoyed a yummy lunch at Chili's followed by some quality time back at the house the rest of the day.

The next day, we were able to go to Papillion Days. I always think this is fun to go to. I enjoy walking around the booths and stopping to get some food (sadly, no funnel cake this year, though). But the funnest part has always been letting our kids go on some of the carnival rides. Unfortunately, Hayden wasn't feeling that great, so he sat this year out while Tanner went on the Ferris Wheel and Maren got to go on the Merry-go-Round. They both enjoyed it and wished to go on more, but we cut our trip short because of Hayden (and missed the parade, too).

The following week was filled with sickness for our family. Hayden was in the hospital for four days for pneumonia (complications of asthma), Tanner then got sick and finally it was my turn. But luckily, we are all on the mend and are enjoying our time together once again. Now we are looking forward to yet another trip out to Utah to spend time with family.


Hayden and Tanner with Daddy

The kids helped color a banner for Daddy
Tanner on the Ferris Wheel

Maren on the merry-go-round

9 comments:

Kathleen said...

i'm so glad for you guys! (now, especially b/c you're all feeling better!) that's a really neat shot of tanner up on the ferris wheel--papillion looks so different!

Marie said...

Glad to hear you guys are getting better. I'm SO happy that Dave's back home!!!! I can't believe how big Tanner has gotten and how different he looks from the little man that used to live a street over from us :)

Tonia said...

glad to hear you are all back together...sorry to hear about the illness and the hospital..yuck! Hope you are all feeling better now!

Rachel said...

I'm so glad that Dave is back and that Hayden is feeling better. Papillion days looked like so much fun. I'm glad you got to go. By the way, i love the picture of Maren with her cupcake.

The Brough Family said...

Hooray that Dave is home. I am so glad for you guys. You are such a trooper!! I'm sorry to hear about Hayden being in the hospital, that stinks. HOpe you're all doing better now. Have a great trip out to see family!!

denos5 said...

Oh my goodness, I didn't even know Hayden was sick. I am a horrible friend. I am so glad you guys are feeling better. I bet having daddy home has been awesome.

Camie said...

Its always so nice to back as a family again. Glad you guys are getting in some quality time. Your trip to Utah sounds like a blast.

Shauna said...

Hayden in the hospital? Wow, so glad you guys are feeling better now. Glad to see you're enjoying Dave being home. When will you be in Utah again?

Von and Viv said...

Thanks for the update. Good to have Dave back safe and sound. So glad you have all recovered from the illness, and we all look forward with great anticipation to your visit! By the way, they had funnel cakes at Taylorsville Days.
Haven't tried them, yet. Must be good?