Wednesday, February 4, 2009
January and One Pretty Boy
Wasn't January extremely long? We had two really nice springish days, but the rest were bitter cold. I contemplate often why in the world we moved here and have started counting down the winters until we move (6-8 more to go). I wish we had a birthday or something to look forward to in that month.
We haven't had a lot of snow here, but one day after a sparse two inches fell, we got the kids out to play in it. This was Maren's first time in the snow and we bundled her well, but she decided to just walk on the drive way - instead of run around the yard like her brothers.
While Maren naps, Tanner has quiet time in his room. Well one day he came down stairs and immediately covered his face. I went to take a closer look and saw mascara all over his face! After making sure it wasn't all over his room, I asked him why he wanted to put makeup on his face. He replied that he didn't know why. So then I asked him if it was because he wanted to look pretty - and he said yes, mommy.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
9 comments:
Awww.....
Before I read it was mascara, I though Tanner had one nasty fall! Glad it can wash away! :)
isn't January just "BLAW"! I hate it too! Tanner is a hoot, I thought he might have taken a fall too before I read the journaling!
Well at least the yucky month of January is now over...think spring!
Totally with you on the January thing... long and cold. Here's hoping we move somewhere warm. As for Tanner, I was worried it was bruises too. He does look pretty! Sara want to do her makeup everyday too!
maren looks very cozy all bundled up. at least we aren't burried under 10 ft of snow for a month, right? it certainly is nice today--hurray!
Hee! Hee! That picture is priceless. You weren't kidding when you said he got it all over his face. I hope it wasn't waterproof. And then there is little Maren...how cute. She just makes me smiile.
I agree that January is way too long and wish there was a birthday or something to celebrate during the month. Maybe you could work on that one Jenn, baby number 4??
Love the picture of Tanner!
I'm still waiting for a slow month.
Just glad the weather allows us to have fun inbetween the storms. I yearn to see you all. I hate being so far away. Time should begin to speed up now that January is over.
Dave powdered his entire room during one of his "naps."
I am so glad January is over too. I think everyone is having major spring fever. Tell Tanner that I think he is extremely pretty. What great pictures!!
Post a Comment