Saturday, November 29, 2008

Gingerbread House

The last couple of years we have made it a tradition to see the Gingerbread Display at the Winter Quarters Visitor's Center. This year our ward had a class, taught by our Relief Society President, teaching us how to make a house. I was so excited that I had every intention of making one and taking it up to the display. Well, I did make one - but don't want to part with it. It was so much work and I loved how it turned out. Next year I will have to get one up to the display, but this year I'll enjoy the one we made.

The boys loved helping put on the candy

The back of the house

6 comments:

Janaca said...

That's so fun! Your house turned out great, I wouldn't want to give it away either. Nice work.

Kathleen said...

your house looks great! i think i'd want to have it around for a bit too :-).

Marie said...

That is so cute - I can see why you wouldn't want to part with it. I'm sure the boys had tons of fun - waht a great project!!!

Tonia said...

Great job guys. It looks wonderful! I too would have a hard time parting with it!

Jill said...

Beautiful job, Jenn. I am impressed. I love that you decided to keep it! I would have done the same thing. How did you get your icicles to look so perfect?

The Brough Family said...

The gingerbread house is awesome! I would want to keep it around too. Way to go. You'll have to show the pictures to Sister Stock, it will make her so happy to know your family enjoyed it so much.