Wednesday, August 20, 2008

An Exciting Day!

Yesterday was a very exciting day for our family. First of all, Hayden started the 1st Grade! He was so excited and feels very grown up to be out of Kindergarten. He was excited to wear some new clothes but mostly to wear his new shoes. The new elementary school is just right up the road and so we are able to walk this year. He's excited to be able to walk with Kaitlyn and Mackenzie. He really likes his new teacher, Mrs. McKeone.



Second...Dave came home!!!!!!! We had really missed our daddy and hubby and are thrilled to have him home again. Keeping with tradition we had to go eat at Chili's afterwards, which is our kids favorite restaurant. We are looking forward to having Dave home for many months before he leaves us again - hooray! Welcome Home, Dave!

16 comments:

Amy said...

What a happy day! I can't believe Hayden is in first grade. He looks so grown up. I'm so glad that Dave is home, and for a long time. We miss you all!

Janaca said...

That's awesome! I can't believe how big Hayden is. I'm sure you guys are happy to have Dave home. That would be so hard to have him gone for long periods of time!

ME said...

What a great week! I am so excited for all the big events this week.

Lacey said...

It is so fun to walk to school everyday. We get to get in plenty of gab time. The only problem is keeping Kaiden from running out in the street! :0) Welcome home Dave!

Tonia said...

yeah I am so happy for you guys...It has been so long since you have been together and you all look so happy to be together again! You look great Hayden...a big 1st grader...how is the new school look?

Aaron said...

Have a super fun school year, Hayden. Welcome home, Dave. Glad you are home safe.

Mama Blogger said...

A huge welcome home. That's so awesome.

Rosie said...

Good luck to Hayden. Yur jealous of me.... ok it is nice having the two kids out of my hair, then I can spoil Camron. I'm so glad that Dave is back!! I know you are too. Give hugs for me!!

Jill said...

I am thrilled that Dave is home. Hooray! Others have said this, but I agree: Hayden looks so grown up.

Kathleen said...

welcome home, dave! those pictures say it all--he's thrilled to see his kiddos again! and, yes, hayden does look like sucha' big boy :-)!

Albanie said...

YEAH!!! I'm so glad he's home! Now you can take it easy! Congrats hayden? Where's the cool shoes?

deanna camper said...

Congrats on starting 1st grade Hayden... Welcome home Dave and belated Happy Birthday! It's so nice to have them home...the home just runs better :)

Marie said...

Welcome home Dave!!! So glad you're back so that your home can be whole. We are not looking forward to Peter leaving for 4 months. I can take the 2-3 weeks at a time, but we'll see how well it goes at the beginning of next year for 120 days!!

Too funny that Chili's is where you go...we vowed never to go back after Del Rio but I find I miss it and there isn't one here!! ;)

Candice and Nathan said...

Hey Jenn,
I found you on Marie's site and wanted to say hi.

Rachel said...

I'm glad that Dave's back and also that he gets to be around for awhile. I bet Hayden feels so grown up and was totally excited that his dad was able to be around when he started 1st grade.

Shauna said...

Hi Jenn! It's your cousin! I just noticed your link on Jana's blog. What an exciting time for you guys! I'm glad everything is going well for you! If you want you can check out my blog at caseyandshauna.blogspot.com. :)