Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Crazy Storm

We had a wild storm last night. Actually, it's still going full force as I (Dave) type this. I went out and took some time lapse photos (8 and 10 secs) of the lightning show before the rain and hail hit. Here are some of the best (click on them for larger view) :




Even though there are no lightning arcs in this one, there were so many flashes it made it look as if this were taken in daylight. It's actually past 9pm and pitch black outside.

Looking out back through screen window.

8 comments:

Albanie said...

Wow! Those are some scary pics! It must of been really loud too! Did the kids get scared?

PS Maren is so beautiful in those backyard pics. Happy B-day, Maren!

Amber M. said...

Hey guys! I linked up to you so others could see your awesome storm pictures. I hope that is okay. Pretty awesome, wasn't it? My bother-in-law called from Utah to tell us that if we heard any music from The Wizard of Oz to make for the basement!:-)

marigold said...

The photos are amazing! Glad you all made it through the storm okay!

Camie said...

Man, those Nebraska storms freak me out! Those are some amazing pictures though.

Jenn said...

Amber, of course it's okay to link here. It's kind of funny how you spelled bother in-law, or was it on purpose? :)

The kids were rather freaked with all the thunder and the tornado warning sirens sounding off outside. But then they fell asleep and were fine through the worst of it. The wind broke the tree in our backyard in half, although on closer inspection of the damage, the tree wasn't doing so well to begin with.

Kathleen said...

amazing shots! 'glad everyone out there is okay.

Walker said...

Those are so cool shots of the lightning we had! I love thunderstorm, yes, I know that I am weird!

deanna camper said...

Those are some great lightening shots. Glad you made it through the storm okay. I would love to live where I didn't have to worry about tornados, hurricanes, earthquakes... any ideas where we could move? Happy Birthday Maren! I can't believe she's 1 already!