Dave here. I finally made good on a promise I made to my sons a couple years ago. I wanted to take them up in a small plane to experience that small miracle of flight. It's better than any present that can be wrapped up and tied with a bow, as far as I am concerned.
It's been more than 9 years since I last took flight in one of these things, so I had a bit of studying up to do. Turns out it was much easier than I expected, almost like driving a car really. Except for the leaving the ground part. I went up with an instructor on Friday to get the official checkout, then came back Saturday morning (11th) with Tanner and Hayden.
A noisy helicopter started up and took off next to us while I did the preflight.
Our 4-seater Cessna 172. A good little plane.
I showed Hayden how to check the fuel levels in the wings.
Cruising on the way to go buzz the heck out of our house.
Hayden at the controls. I showed him how to turn to a heading and hold it, climb, descend. He loved every minute of it.
Tanner patiently waiting his turn.
Tanner's flying!
A picture of the moving variety. This is right before reaching our house to re-enact Pearl Harbor minus all the bombing and strafing and whatnot.
2 comments:
How fun! I bet they loved it.
That is awesome, Dave! I'm sure the boys loved it
Post a Comment