Friday, September 12, 2008

Flying High

I had a wonderful opportunity today to fly in the RJ (Dave's plane). His squadron held a spouse flight day. About 15 spouses were able to go up in the plane and fly around for 4 or so hours. Dave wasn't the pilot on this flight, but was able to come with me as a passenger. All the spouses were able to take turns and sit up front in the cockpit for awhile. It was amazing to see a tanker flying right above us as they refueled. It was extremely cold and I had a few moments of queasiness, but it was a great experience to see what Dave does.

Luckily, a great friend was willing to watch our kids so we could do this. Thanks Lacey!

Sitting in our 'comfy' seats (NOT)

Up in the cockpit in the jumpseat

We all had to wear emergency oxygen packs over our shoulders. It was also freezing, I wish I had a coat instead of a jacket (plus a hat, mittens, scarf, blanket...).

17 comments:

Marie said...

Oh fun!! I bet it's much more exciting than the T-1 ride I got. I've been on some other aircraft, but never the C-17 (that I remember, so I'll pretend if I do remember) so it will be fun to get to do it someday - I hope.

Lacey said...

You know, I was jealous that you got to go until I saw what you had to sit on for 4 hours. Your bottom will never be the same. :0) The kids were so good I didn't hardly know they were here. Although, I did have one lady ask me if I had 2 sets of twins when I was walking away from the school with the 4 youngers. I just chuckled.

Amber M. said...

What a fun thing to get to do! Awesome.

Shauna said...

That's awesome Jenn! Too bad it was so cold!

deanna camper said...

How fun... I'm jealous! I would love to get to go up in Jerrs plane. I'm afraid of the queazy thing though. Imagine how much fun the boys will have someday when they get to go in dads plane!

Tonia said...

wow! that really is amazing stuff! Looks like you had a great time. Four hours though....I might get a little sick!

Camie said...

Sounds like quite an experience. I bet it was fun to finally see what your hubby is always doing.

Kathleen said...

wow! that looked like fun! i'll bet dave enjoyed you sharing the experience with him. (and i hope maren felt better once she got home today! poor baby!)

Walker said...

So glad you were able to go up with your hubby and share some time together!

Rosie said...

Hey Dave this doesn't relate but you stay off of my throne!

Albanie said...

That is so cool! I bet it was pretty chilly! I love your hair in those pics! Did you color it?

Jenn said...

Albany,
No coloring - still plain brown.

Rachel said...

That sounds like so much fun for you. It was probably pretty cool to see what Dave does.

Janaca said...

What a cool experience to be able to fly with your husband! I'm glad you were able to go.

Jill said...

Spouse flight day is a great idea! I often wish that I could trail Cade around one day, just so I can get a better sense of what he does at work. Flying in a plane is much more exciting than going to a bank, though!

Amy said...

What a fun expierence! I'm glad you were able to share that time with Dave'a'loo. Miss you guys- hope little Maren's arm is all beter.

denos5 said...

How fun for you.