Tuesday, July 22, 2008

We Are Still Alive

What a fun time we have been having here in Utah - while visiting family. It has been great to relax many days and have help with my kids. Other days we have been busy doing fun things. We have gone swimming at the Taylorsville pool, visited great-grandparents, went to the zoo, ate at the best places that only Utah has (Leatherbys, Sconecutter and soon Hires and Cafe Rio), seen the 24th of July Parade Float preview, gone shopping with my sisters/mom and spent time with cousins. Last week we were up at Snowbird which is truly one of my favorite places in the world. It is beautiful up there with the resort fitted tightly between mountains. We were able to go swimming everyday (sometimes twice), go on nature walks to see deer, take a ride on the tram up to Hidden Peak, speed down the alpine slide, get an ice cream cone and go crazy in our room with six grandchildren. It was amazing!

Sadly our trip is almost over. For those who live near their families I am truly jealous. It just is so much fun to be able to see them often. But we look forward to seeing our friends when we get back to Papillion.

Oh....and wish me luck in running the 24th's DesNews 10K race tomorrow!

Hayden and Tanner playing in my parent's backyard on the slip 'n' slide.


Hayden, Tanner and their cousin Logan - consulting their maps at the zoo.

Maren and Jenn at a lookout at Snowbird.

Hayden enjoying swimming at Snowbird. (He was quite the fish)


Hayden wanted to try the bungy-trampoline at Snowbird. It took a few tries but he was able to finally do some flips.

10 comments:

Tonia said...

Yeah...I love snowbird too! that's where Schon and I spent our honeymoon! We are missing you and hope I get to see you before we move! P.S. I finally finished Twilight! Yeah for me...I need to return your book! I am so glad you are having such a great time! good luck in the race tomorrow!

Amber M. said...

GOOD LUCK on your race tomorrow...I can't wait to hear all about it. Safe travels, and we'll see you soon.

Jenn said...

Tonia,
I'm glad you finished Twilight. What'd ya think? When do you guys move? I get there on the 28th - I hope it's not too late!

Jenn said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jenn said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Tonia said...

Jenn,
we leave on the 31st...so I hope I can come by and see you! Loved the book can't wait to read the others..my sister started reading twilight a week and half a go and is already half way through the third book! How was the race?

Walker said...

So glad to see that you are alive and having a great time. I wasn't sure what happened to you;) Family is nice to have around, and you don't really appreciate them until you have moved away or until they have moved away. Good luck on your race, you will do great!

Camie said...

AW! You guys have been gone way too long. It looks like you are having a blast though.

Kathleen said...

wow, just the names of the places you guys have been brought back some memories! 'glad you've been having fun (and getting help!)--we sure have missed you though! how was the race???!

Janaca said...

Hi Jenn. I found your blog through Amy's! You have such a cute family and I'm excited to get to know you a little better and see what you guys have been up to!