Sunday, July 27, 2008

I Did It!!

Last Thursday (the 24th) my sister, Jill, and I ran in the Deseret News 10K race. This was my first race and my sister's first 10K. We both have only been running for about 6 months and really was just focused on finishing the race. But we did great! We were able to run the whole way and thoroughly enjoyed it. The race course was so much fun as part of it ran the parade route. It was nice to hear people cheer for us. Our finish time was 1:10. Ten minutes better then we thought we would do. I've gotta say that I'm hooked. It was an incredible experience.

Jill and I almost to the finish line.

Yeah! We made it. Hayden and Jill's son Logan came and gave us hugs.

My brother Brett (#3045) and my brother-in-law Aaron also ran in the race. They had much better times than us though (38 min and 47 min) They did awesome.

6 comments:

Amber M. said...

Woo-hoo! CONGRATULATIONS!

Camie said...

Wow! what a great accomplishment. I have to say quite inspiring or motivating. I wanna go run a 10k now...it would kick my butt. Maybe I will try running for six months first. Way to go! ARE YOU HOME YET!!!

deanna camper said...

Congratulations! I plan to run a half marathon in the next couple years. I guess I better get training, huh? It'll take me the whole time!

The Brough Family said...

You go girl!!!! I am so impressed...

Cade said...

You did great Jenn. Way to go! It inspired Jill and she looks forward to doing it again a year from now.

Marie said...

Good for you Jenn!! You know that I WAS a runner in college and never ran a 10K or a marathon of any kind. I sure hope to in the future - you are definitely motivating me!! Take care.