Friday, September 9, 2011

Summer Highlights

As I said in the previous post, we were fortunate to be able to visit family in Utah for the month of July.  We enjoyed everything, but the highlight had to be Snowbird.  My family has gone every year since I was little and I have always loved it, and now the tradition continues with my kids.  They look forward to it the whole year and can't wait to return.  We missed having Daddy with us, but still enjoyed swimming everyday, hiking, getting treats at the Snowbird Center, and of course playing with cousins all day.
 All the grand-kids with their Snowbird shirts. Not everyone was happy to get their picture taken.

 Makenna hanging from a bar on the ride up to Hidden Peak in the Tram.

 We saw snow in July!

My boys with their cousins during our Scavenger Hunt.

Not only do we get to visit my family, when we are in Utah, but we get to visit with Dave's as well.  We spent a couple nights during our stay at my sister-in-law Rosie's house with a visit to the pool in her neighborhood.  With the adults of Dave's family, I attended the Tabernacle Choir's Pioneer Day Concert, which was absolutely amazing.  They honored those who have or are serving in the military.  With Dave gone, it really struck home and it was very touching.


 Rosie

Grandma Buxton, Sheila, Halie, Lexi

We visited someplace new this trip...Kangaroo Zoo.  This place has about 10 different bouncy rides, including huge slides that my kids just loved.  We had a great time with my sister and mom followed by lunch at McDonalds.

 Maren and Addy

 Makenna and Cameron

One of the very tall bouncy slides

We were able to see my grandparents on multiple occasions.  One of those was out Bunkall Bash (reunion) held at a reservoir in the mountains (can't remember the name).  My kids were able to go out on the boat and play in the water with cousins.

 My kids (plus Addy) with my grandparents

 My mom taking Maren and Addy for a ride

 Makenna splashing in the water


My boys playing in the water with my cousin's kids

What trip to Utah would be complete without a visit to the zoo?  We were able to go with Grandma and both of my sister's and their kids.  It was super busy, but we had a fun time seeing the animals as well as the dinosaurs on display.





This last one is all about me.  I am absolutely in love with Leatherby's Ice Cream.  I look forward to eating here than any other place while visiting.   This trip I was able to go multiple times (I can't tell you how many, it is embarrassing) and even took my kids.
Mouth-watering good!

We sure miss our families living so far away, but we cherish our visits with them!

3 comments:

Cara said...

Love that last picture. :) The boys are so funny. And I love that your ice cream is big and fancy while the kids have small and simple. :) I do that too. :)

Camie said...

Ok I will try not to be mad you didn't visit us while you were here a WHOLE MONTH...but little mackenna looks JUST like you...so darling!

Jill said...

We had a great summer with you and the kids. I'm so glad you made the trek to Utah.