Despite their excitement, our boys were pretty patient that morning. They waited until 7:00 to come get us. We didn't want to wake the girls (more sleep = more happy) so we headed up the stairs to see what Santa had brought. They were excited to open them and also open up presents from Dave and I. A little later it was the girl's turn. Now this was what I was waiting for. I had bought Maren a play kitchen. Even though it was somewhat large and would be a pain to bring back, I asked Dave to put it together for her that morning. Her smile made it worthwhile. It was Makenna's first Christmas so she wasn't that interested in gifts, but she did like to touch the bright paper.
After finishing presents we then got dressed and ready for the day. All my siblings came over for breakfast and more present opening.
(Maren's cousin Addy came over later for breakfast and we discovered they had the same sweater on - they look festive with Grandma)
1 comment:
I love Christmas morning even more now that I have kids. They make it much more exciting, don't they?
Post a Comment