Dave was promoted to the rank of Major in the USAF last month. He and another guy from his squadron had a joint promotion ceremony. I got the kids out of school early and we headed to the base (after we got spruced up). Dave was first to be promoted. The Lt. Col. first said some very amazing things about Dave's career thus far. Dave resaid the oath of being an air force officer and then the kids and I got to help 'pin' on his new rank. Dave was awesome to let all of us help. Maren and Makenna each helped with his rank sleevie thingies on his shirt (no idea what they are called), Hayden and Tanner changed his rank on the shoulders of his jacket, and I changed his rank on his hat. Dave then said some remarks and he presented the girls and I with some beautiful flowers, and the boys each got an air force 'brat' coin. The other guy then got promoted and we enjoyed cake. I am very proud of Dave and the dedication he has for this job. Love you Dave!
All of us helping him 'pin' on his rank
Yummy cake which turned my kids faces blue
1 comment:
So great!
Post a Comment