Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Disneyland Trip Day 4

Our 2nd day at Disneyland was spent in California Adventure.  I have never been there before and was excited to see what it had to offer.  Our first priority...get fast pass tickets for Soarin' Over California and for the show World of Color.  After we got that we let the kids play at the Challenge Course which was a lot of fun for all the kids.  Afterwards, we split up and the men went to do Screamin' California (the big roller coaster there) and the ladies and kids had lunch and went over to a Bug's Life area.  This was the perfect spot for Maren, the rides were just her size and speed.  Hayden mostly endured it until he could go on some more daring rides.  When the men returned, it was the ladies turn to head over to Screamin'.  Now if anyone knows me really well, they know I don't love roller coasters.  But Jill, Amy, and my mom dragged me on it.  It was funny when a guy saw how nervous I was.  He told me to not worry, it's the smoothest roller coaster he'd ever been on.  Really!?!  I could care less about smoothness, I was worried about the drops!  It was a pretty amazing ride, I do admit, and I'm glad I went on it.  I'd even be tempted to go on it on a return trip.  We enjoyed other rides that afternoon and a pizza dinner that night.  My favorite part of the day was the World of Color show that night.  It was amazing!  My sister, Amy, described it as 10 times better than the Bellagio Fountains.  Awesome! 

 Tanner driving the Bug Bumper Cars

 The men taking the kids on a ride

 Playing at the Challenge Course

 Maren and her cousin Addy had a blast together

 Hayden and Tanner

Hayden on the swings

No comments: