Saturday, December 12, 2009

Update

I've never been good at blogging regularly, but it has been quite awhile since I last posted anything. November seemed to go by quickly. Makenna turned 2 months and had her check-up. She is a very healthy, chubby baby. Hayden had his 2nd grade music program. For a boy who doesn't love to sing, he did great and sang all the songs (we still need to work on his smiling on stage). We were excited to have Dave come home for Thanksgiving weekend. He has been at SOS (officer training in Alabama) since November 1st. Boy, have we missed having him around. But we had a few fun days with him home. We had a scrumptious turkey dinner with our little family which turned out again this year - always a good thing. We enjoyed having friends over that evening for dessert and games (can't get enough of Farkle). Dave took the boys to a movie and the two of us were able to go out for dinner and a movie one night. We also put up our tree and decorated our house for Christmas.

This month we had our ward Christmas dinner (somewhat of a challenge without Dave there). The boys were excited to sit on Santa's lap that night. Poor Maren saw him as we rounded the corner of the church and went back crying. She wouldn't budge a bit. She saw him at the Durham museum a week earlier and I think he scared her. We also have had an abrupt change to winter with a crazy storm. The snow wasn't bad the first day but it was the wind blown snow drifts that were a problem. I told Dave if he deploys or leaves again during a winter we are going to have to invest in a snow blower. After three days of canceled school, I was very happy both boys were able to attend school yesterday.

We are so excited that Dave gets home this afternoon. We will also soon be heading out to Utah to celebrate Christmas with our families. What a wonderful time of the year!

4 comments:

Albanie said...

Glad that Dave is coming home and your Christmas vacation is coming up! Have fun!

Marie said...

Glad to see the update! Sounds like things are going well for your family. I have never heard of Farkle, but we don't really get to play games like we used to in Del Rio, so I guess it doesn't matter ;) Hope you guys have a great Christmas with your family!! This is our 2nd year in a row where we didn't get any leave for Thanksgiving, Christmas or New Year's. Peter's squadron gives it out in a VERY STUPID way...but I won't get into that ;)

Jill said...

We are glad Dave is back home with you. We can't wait for you to come to Utah. Logan and Landon are counting down the days until they get to play with their cousins.

Camie said...

Jenn I am so happy to get an update. You guys seem busy and I am glad Dave is home. So excited to you get to go to Utah where I am sure much farkle will be played. Miss you guys!